Our goals for 2012
Yesterday I went over our goals for 2011 and how we did. Today I’m going to tell you all about our goals for this year and how we’re going to go about accomplishing them. We have a lot of lofty goals for ourselves this year and since starting this blog it will be easier to reflect on them.
Here we go:
- Finish the house to the point where we can move in. I can’t tell you how excited I am for this to happen.
- Build a composting bin and start composting.
- Get the yard cleaned up and firewood cut up to last us through the winter. We had a gigantic wind storm last summer that knocked over quite a few of our large trees. It was sad (and much more emotional than we thought it would be), but they’ll make good fire wood.
- Start growing some herbs and a few veggies in containers. I ordered some tomato, peppers, basil, and rosemary to grow on the deck. Unfortunately we don’t have time to set up the raised beds this year, but we’ll move on to that in 2013.
- Our property has a huge amount of delicious wild blueberries. Last year I took kiddo to pick some but we were a little late to get to them, and the little guy ate most of them. At the end of the day I had enough to put on my cereal one morning, but this year I’d like to make a bit of jam or a few pies for the freezer.
Five goals doesn’t seem like many but they’re big enough goals that they should keep us busy… and like I said before: self-sufficiency is a gradual process.